Customs Union Technical regulations on safety of devices working in explosive atmosphere (CU TR 012/2011)
Effective from February 15th 2013 by Council Decision of Eurasian Economic Commission on October 18, 2011 number 825.
Products covered by CU TR 012/2011 regulations
Electrical and non-electrical devices with intended use in explosive atmosphere.
What products are excluded from Ex-certification
- Medical devices;
- Equipment, during the operation of which the danger of explosion arises only because of the presence of explosive substances and unstable chemical compounds;
- Equipment for residential, non-industrial use in conditions when an explosive atmosphere may develop as a result of accidental spill of gas;
- Personal protective equipment;
- Sea vessels, inland and mixed (river-sea) vessels, mobile offshore drilling platforms and other boats, as well as equipment used on them;
- Public service vehicles for the transport of passengers and goods by road, air, rail or water transport;
- Nuclear weapons research facilities, nuclear organizations.
Types of documents needed for conformity compliance
- Certificate of conformity. Costs from 2500 EUR. Validity period up to 5 years. Holder of certificate can be entity registered in the EAC territory.
What is needed to issue certificate of conformity
- Test reports,
- ATEX certificates,
- Risk assessment,
- Samples of the products,
- Factory inspection in case of serial production.
What mark should be applied after certificate is issued
Along with EAC mark, the special Ex mark should be also applied.