Customs Union Technical regulations on safety of wheeled transport (CU TR 018/2011)
Effective from January 1 2015 by Council Decision of Eurasian Economic Commission on December 9, 2011 number 877.
Products covered by CU TR 018/2011:
- Motor vehicles (cars, quad, motorcycles),
- Parts of vehicles
Types of documents needed for conformity compliance:
- Certificate of conformity. Costs from 1000 EUR. Validity period up to 4 years. Holder of certificate can be entity registered outside of Customs Union (foreign manufacturer). Certificate of conformity is needed for parts of vehicles
- Vehicle type approval certificate;
- Declaration of conformity.
List of the documents needed to issue certificate of conformity:
- Test reports,
- European certificates (for some categories of parts)
Examples of vehicle parts subject to Customs Union certification:
- Ignition components;
- Brake system components;
- Fuel system components;
- Steering system;
- Car seats;
- Seat belts.
Full list of components can be downloaded here: in Russian.